Call Today For A Consultation
“Los que si saben de leyes”
Menu Contact

March 2017 Archives

What is adjustment of status, and what are the steps in the process?

Under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, there are two avenues for immigrants to acquire status as a permanent resident. One avenue, known as consular processing, allows those outside the United States to acquire a visa overseas which allows them to come to the United States as a permanent resident.

Federal judge in Hawaii issues restraining order against travel ban 2.0

We've been following on this blog the ongoing saga of President Trump's immigration order, particularly the legal challenges leveled against the so-called travel ban. As we previously noted, the revised travel ban--which only applies to new visa applicants and removes Syria from the listed of countries subject to the travel ban--was quickly challenged in court by the attorney general of Hawaii.

Working with experienced attorney ensure immigrants' rights are protected

We've previously written about the increase in immigration enforcement in Texas since President Trump came into office. The uptick in enforcement is likely at least partially due to the change in immigration policy brought about by President Trump. Given the heightened enforcement environment, there is an increased need for immigrants to understand their legal rights and to work with an experienced attorney to defend those rights.

Revised immigration travel ban already subject to court challenge

Previously, we've spoken about the legal challenges President Trump faces with regard to his immigration policy. As we've noted, one of the president's initial immigration orders has been subjected to legal challenges, especially on the basis of the so-called travel ban, which was suspended by a federal judge out in Seattle not long after it was rolled out.

What do I have to do to become a citizen of the United States?

If you did not become a citizen of the United States by birth or through your parents' status as U.S. citizens, the only way to become a citizen of this country is through the naturalization process. After spending time in the United States as a permanent resident, you might decide to take the next step and apply for citizenship. You will probably need to ask many questions on this journey, and the first might entail what you need to do to become a citizen.

Work with experienced immigration law attorney to seek protection under DACA, DAPA

In our last post, we wrote about two recent memos released by the Department of Homeland Security concerning immigration policy under President Trump. As we noted, those memos leave in place the Obama-era policies known as DACA and DAPA.

Email Us For A Response

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


Austin Office
111 W Anderson Lane, Suite D221
Austin, TX 78752

Phone: 512-774-6832
Fax: 512-692-2643
Austin Law Office Map

Waco Office
3917 West Waco Drive
Waco, TX 76710

Phone: 512-774-6832
Fax: 512-692-2643
Map & Directions

Back to top