Call Today For A Consultation
“Los que si saben de leyes”
Menu Contact

Adjustment of Status Archives

Federal judge: Seattle man's DACA status can't be cut off for now

Among the many requirements to qualify for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program is lack of a criminal history. That not only means being free of felony or serious misdemeanor convictions, but it also means showing that you do not otherwise pose a threat to public safety or national security. In other words, it's not enough to show you've never been convicted of a crime. You won't qualify for DACA if the government has good reason to suspect you of one, or of planning one.

What to expect when applying for a green card after marriage

Getting married can be one of the most exciting times in a person's life. Unfortunately, for spouses who have yet to become permanent United States residents, it can also be very stressful.

Changing employers with an H-1B visa

Employment duration is evolving. No longer is employment a lifelong commitment between an employee and an employer. Workers move from one job to another in search of higher compensation, career advancement and a better work-life balance. The average worker changes jobs ten or more times during his or her career. Workers with employment-based visas are no different.

Can a broken tail light land you in a Texas detainment center?

The United States is a nation of immigrants. A brief review of industrial revolution history shows the significant role immigrants played in the building of a new, powerful and progressive society and business world. Life was seldom easy for those crossing the nation's borders from abroad. Prejudices between ethnicities and conflict among the social classes added to daily burdens of trying to put food on the table and survive.

What is adjustment of status, and what are the steps in the process?

Under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, there are two avenues for immigrants to acquire status as a permanent resident. One avenue, known as consular processing, allows those outside the United States to acquire a visa overseas which allows them to come to the United States as a permanent resident.

Email Us For A Response

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


Austin Office
111 W Anderson Lane, Suite D221
Austin, TX 78752

Phone: 512-774-6832
Fax: 512-692-2643
Austin Law Office Map

Waco Office
3917 West Waco Drive
Waco, TX 76710

Phone: 512-774-6832
Fax: 512-692-2643
Map & Directions

Back to top